A Mother's Love

This year, I had the joy of celebrating Mother's Day, with not one, but two amazing mothers and one mommy-to-be, and I'm so grateful for each one of them.

On Friday, the Kobza family came over so we could celebrate Mother's day with my sweet mother-in-law, Cee.  I cooked one of my favorite meals, Chicken in Basil Cream and Garlic Angel Hair Pasta and Charis brought, salad, garlic bread and appetizers!  So, we got to spoil Cee and cook for her this time.

Cee is always energetic and bubbly and loving on her boys.  I love that over the years they have established their holiday traditions and have so many fun memories. And it means so much to me, that Jason has a mother who taught him values and faith. She's so nurturing and has even taken care of me at times when I either injured myself or wasn't feeling well.  I hope I never take for granted the relationship that Cee has with Jason, and even with me.  I'm thankful that we can share things with each other and build our relationship.  I know that there are plenty of couples out there that don't really get along with their in-laws.  But, I am so grateful that that is not the case with me!  Cee and Hank definitely raised two amazing men and she's a wonderful mother!
On Sunday, we had over my family, and this time Jason cooked!  We had sushi!  Lessye, my sister-in-law is the mommy-to-be!  Super excited for July!!  I absolutely can't wait to have a baby in the family to spoil.  Lessye is so sweet and caring and I've never doubted whether she'll be a good mother or not..my brother, on the other hand...I still wonder.  ;-)  It's been fun to watch her and Michael plan the baby room, decide on a name, and watch Lessye grow!  I know, she's going to be a fantastic mother.

And my favoritest mom of all, my mom!!  I truly am so thankful to have her in my life.  She has taught me so many amazing things.  She's so creative and has the gift of hospitality.  I love spending time with her and sharing my dreams for the future.  She's wonderful at listening and giving advice.  I definitely know that I can't take for granted my mother.  She's always been there for me and been supportive.  I'm so thankful that she raised me the way she did, and I truly hope I can carry on her legacy in the future.  I hope that I'll be able to positively influence my children the way she has influenced my life.  I love you, mom!


The love that these mothers have is so tremendous, and I am so blessed to have each and every one of them in my life!

No comments: