8 Month Bumpdate!

How far along? 35 weeks!  I'm having this little guy... NEXT month!  I can't believe it!
Baby is a: Precious little boy!!
Size of the Little One? He's the size of a large cantaloupe, weighs about 5.5 pounds and is about 18 inches long!!
Total weight gain/loss: Nearly 24 pounds.  I'm pretty happy that I've stayed right in the recommended range!  Now here's to hoping it all melts right off after he gets here!
Maternity clothes?  Yes.  Thanks to my mother who took me on a ridiculously awesome shopping spree last month, I've got a good wardrobe going on.  Although, now that it's gotten cold, I'll still find those one-off winter pieces that I love in the back of my closet, so I've been wearing those too.  You know, like sweat pants and hoodies and oversized sweaters.
Stretch marks? Clearly this was a pipe dream.  I must not have inherited all of my mother's lovely genes because they came, and with a vengeance!  I never thought stretch marks could hurt, but these sting!!  :(  Been using the cocoa butter lotion and oils to hopefully just minimize their damage.
Symptoms:  Back pain! Mild acid reflux on the occasional day.  Stretch marks.  Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions coupled with shortness of breath. Achy Hips if I'm on my feet too long.  While the first two trimesters were absolutely uneventful, I've definitely had it a little tougher this trimester.  But, I can't complain too much as I'm sure it could be way worse.
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well!  I have the occasional night where I randomly wake up and can't fall back asleep, but I can still sleep like a rock. Although it's not fun trying to roll over and get into a comfortable position.
Miss Anything?  Moving with ease.  I feel like I have to be deliberate with all my moves.  Jason's constantly pushing me out of bed or pulling me out of chairs.  It takes me like a minute to get up if I'm sitting on the floor.  And I'm not very fond of the Corvette right now as it's not easy to get in and out! 
Movement:  So much movement!  This guy loves to slither around, poke and prod and punch and kick!  He loves sticking feet in my ribs and making my belly lop-sided by sticking his butt out as far as he can.  And he loves hiccuping! There's no rest with him! :)
Food cravings:  Not a single thing! 
Anything making to you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Have you started to show yet:  Undoubtedly.  Definitely forget it's there sometimes and accidentally bump people or walls with it. 
Belly Button in or out? It's flat.  Glad it never became an outie!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!
Looking forward to: This precious little man's arrival!  I cannot wait to hold him and see his little face and watch his Daddy hold him.
Best Moment? Celebrating little man's impending arrival with my dear family and friends at the baby showers.  It's so wonderful knowing that Jason and I have a great support system around us as we start this new chapter of our lives.


No comments: