6 Month Bumpdate!

How far along? 24 weeks!  I feel like things are starting to really pick up pace.  16 weeks left all of a sudden feels like such a short amount of time!  So much to do to prepare!
Baby is a: Precious little boy!!
Size of the Little One? He's the size of a eggplant, about 8.5-9 inches long and approximately 1.5 lbs!! 
Total weight gain/loss: About 10-11 pounds. The numbers are psyching me out a little, but it's all for a good cause, and I feel like I'm still very much on pace and not packing on the pounds unhealthily, so I try to remind myself about that.
Maternity clothes?  I've got a handful of not-so obvious maternity tops now that I've added to the wardrobe.  But, I still am wearing my normal tops too and even bought some normal tops the other week.  I'm pretty certain that I'm in denial that I'm supposed to like double in size.  I'd be happy if my size right now is as big as I would get.  I don't think that's gonna happen! :(
Stretch marks?  None, so far.  Been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Body Oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion for Stretch Marks, so hopefully that will help me avoid them!
Symptoms:  I have mild sciatica pain every so often.  And on my drive back from Dallas for work, my left foot swelled up a bit!  That was a first!  Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come!   But so far, it hasn't happened again.
Sleep: It's definitely takes more wiggling around to get comfortable, and I toss and turn a bit more, but still bearable.  Little nervous for how this is all going to work when I get bigger!
Miss Anything?  Nope!  Loving this chapter of our lives!
Movement: For sure!  He loves to kick away during the day while I'm working.  And he likes bouncing around for daddy at night while we're laying in bed.  Thankfully he knows, so far, that nighttime is sleep time!
Food cravings:  Not a single thing!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, definitely have a bump.  And I've had two strangers ask me when I was due without me bringing anything up, so I guess I don't look like I'm just fat!
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's getting close to flat!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!
Looking forward to: Hitting the third trimester milestone!  Minus all the uncomfortableness that apparently comes with it.  
Best Moment? When Jason felt him kick for the first time at 20.5 weeks!  He was like "ahh, that's soooo weird!"  Haha.  It was fun! And even my mom and sis-in-law have felt him, so he's not shy around other people!  And I've had moments where he just won't stop kicking me and it just makes me laugh out loud.  He's a strong little guy!



1 comment:

Lessye said...

So fun and exciting!! Don't blink or it'll be over!