This House We Built is now a Home!!

Nearly 5 months have gone by since we finally were able to move into our home.  And it's been amazing so far!  We are so proud of the home that we built.  And so much has transpired since we closed.  I've clearly been AWOL for a while now.

Our little man is now 7 months old, J took part 2 of the CFA exam, we found out we will be welcoming another niece into the world this year, we hired a nanny for AP, left him with grandparents overnight for the first time, started planning our annual Cam Family trip, lost my grandfather unexpectedly (R.I.P. Opa), and welcomed extended family to Norman. 

In spite of all the changes, we've finally settled into a routine over here.  AP is a bouncy, smiley, happy baby!  We're seriously obsessed with him and half convinced we should stop having kids while we're ahead.  I don't think we could have asked for a perfect child.  He's trying to crawl but is terrible at it.  I mean, why use your hands when you can use your head and legs?  He has the most precious smile and the best laugh ever and can handle just about anything like a champ.  It has been such a wonderful blessing having the honor to parent this little bundle of joy and we are so thankful for him.  You should hear J and I when we're at the dinner table with him.  You'd think we were smitten, the way we gush over him...oh wait, we are!! Ok, I'll stop oohing and ahhing over him, because I could go all day!


We are loving our home.  I'm slowly, ever so slowly, trying to decorate it.  I'm a commitment-phobe right now.  I feel like every piece of decor or furniture I buy will be around for 10 years, so I've been taking my sweet time so I can make sure I really like how the house is evolving.  Not to mention, I'm struggling with nailing down the style of what I'm wanting.  Do I want transitional? Contemporary? Casual elegance?  I haven't the foggiest idea. 

But, we are incredibly proud of the thought we put into building the house.  There are two or three things that we overlooked and wished we would have thought to consider when building the house, but nothing drastic by any means.  One of the things we wished we had put more thought into was making the kitchen trash can drawer bigger.  So, I think we covered our bases if that's the kind of thing we feel like we overlooked.  Thank goodness!

So, I'm hoping to slowly introduce our home to you all.  Maybe one day I'll be a legit blogger. ;-)  Until next time!


No comments: